The first round of the Manchester FA Women’s County Cup takes place this coming weekend with 16 of our local sides in action.
Of the eight ties three NWWRFL sides will host GMWFL sides with last years winners FC United of Manchester hosting Didsbury at Broadhurst Park for the third season running. Didsbury currently sit top of the GMWFL with a 100% record as they look to upset an FC United team still reeling from their FA Cup exit at the weekend.
Manchester Stingers will be looking to bounce back from their weekend FA Cup exit when they welcome Swinton to Kings Road. Another debutant, Sale Ladies, will travel to East Manchester where they will take on Curzon Ashton at the Tameside Stadium.
There are two all GMWFL meetings with newly formed Barrhill hosting Reddish North End whilst Cadishead Rhinos will face Moston Brook at Partington Sports Centre.
The final three fixtures see Flixton Juniors face Droylsden Youth Centre whilst Cheshire League side Manchester Rovers will face familiar opposition in Beechfield United. Antoher Cheshire League v GMWFL tie see’s Second Division Sale United face last season’s Champions AFC Urmston Meadowside.
The ties are all set to take place on Sunday 24th September, 2pm KO.
Draw in full:
1. Flixton Juniors Ladies VS Droylsden Youth Centre OA Womens
2. Manchester Rovers Ladies VS Beechfield United Ladies
3. Curzon Ashton FC (Tameside) Women’s VS Sale Ladies Football Club Summer League
4. Sale United Ladies VS AFC Urmston Meadowside Ladies
5. Cadishead Rhinos Ladies FC Open Aged VS Moston Brook 5th Team Women
6. Manchester Stingers First Women VS Swinton Ladies
7. FC United Of Manchester Womens VS Didsbury FC Ladies 1
8. Barrhill Womens – Summer League VS Reddish North End Ladies
Due to an error with the Whole Game System the Manchester FA has confirmed that West Didsbury & Chorlton Women, who were omitted from the first round draw as a result, will receive a bye to the second round.